Literacy is more than reading. It includes listening, writing, spelling and grammar, as well as the critical skills of phonics, fluency and comprehension required to be a good reader. LiteracyPlanet provides an integrated, standards-aligned, single-platform solution that can be used at school, at home … anywhere you have an internet connection.
LiteracyPlanet brings together curriculum-aligned literacy education and the latest digital technology. Whether for early reading skills or advanced grammar, LiteracyPlanet provides students with a learning adventure to help them develop excellent English literacy skills. Because the program is highly interactive and extensively gamified, students are immediately engaged and continually motivated to build their skills. It is so much fun, they may not even recognize how much they are learning!
Teachers no longer have to try to patch together multiple programs and systems to create a complete, comprehensive literacy program.
Covers all key literacy skills:
- Sight Words
- Grammar and Punctuation
PC or MAC or Chromebook
Internet Connection and Brower (Chrome Browser preferred).
iPad 3 and above with iOS 9 or above
Most Android tablets with access to Google Play Store.
“Scientific studies show that learning depends on attention, repetition and immediate feedback. LiteracyPlanet provides all of these things in a highly entertaining and rewarding environment that motivates children.’
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience
Features and Benefits
- Contains more than 15,000 exercises for learners from Kindergarten through 10th
- All of the activities in the program are aligned to state standards. Teachers can search for activities that address specific standards for any grade level.
- Makes it easy for teachers to assign activities to individual students or groups of students. Students can also explore and progress independently.
- Allows students to work at the optimal level for them in a highly personalized
- Provides an immersive and engaging digital-game based
- Provides powerful reporting with the ability to view all students’ progress and to drill into the detail of correct and incorrect answers within any assigned activity for any student.
In a study conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, students who were substantially below grade-level reduced the gap to their on-grade-level peers by 70% after completing 30 exercises in LiteracyPlanet. Students who completed exercises across multiple subject areas had higher average scores on literacy tests — the more subjects completed, the higher their scores.