Cognitive Skills like attention and memory are the foundation for learning. Each mind develops uniquely, with some cognitive skills that are stronger than others. Our cognitive strengths and weaknesses impact our success in school, the workplace and in life.
Learning capacity is not fixed. It can be developed.
How this can make a difference in the classroom:
- What if every student came to the classroom prepared to learn?
- What if the achievement gap for economically disadvantaged students, students with learning disabilities and English Language Learners could be closed?
- What if we could make learning to read easier for students who struggle?
- What if every student could take more responsibility for their own learning?
These questions are not just rhetorical. This is what we help schools achieve.
Mindprint Cognitive Assessment and Learning Strategies
Scientifically valid, nationally normed cognitive assessment administered online in under an hour. Provides speed and accuracy scores for 10 cognitive skill areas, parent-friendly reporting, and personalized learning strategies keyed to the student’s learning profile.
- Development of personalized learning strategy recommendations.
- Pre- and post-test for cognitive training or other intervention.
- Support for IEP, 504 or other learning plan recommendations.
- Screen to determine areas that might require further testing/investigation.
BrainWare SAFARI is the most researched, comprehensive, integrated cognitive training delivered online in the world. The exercises in the program work on 43 Cognitive Skills and were developed over 40 years of multidisciplinary clinical collaboration. We incorporated them with video-game technology, so the training is highly engaging.
The key to getting the kind of results we see in our research is to use the program:
- 3 to 5 times per week
- 30 to 45 minutes per session
- For 12 to 14 weeks
While individual results vary, children who use the program according to the schedule above improve their cognitive skills on average by 2 to 4 years and academic skills by 1 to 2 years in 12 weeks.
Support for Effective Implementations that Yield Improved Student Outcomes
We are committed to supporting school implementations with fidelity and in a way that the results can be measured. The best way to learn more about any of our programs is to schedule a personal online demonstration. In most cases, we can also provide you with a trial account to explore. Schedule a demo, ask a question or view a demo, and we’ll happy to follow up with you in the way that works best for you.
Cognitive Skills Topics
We often get questions about topics that may affect learning in school and performance in various aspects of everyday life. Each of the links below will take you to information on the topic, the role of cognitive skills, and how assessment and/or cognitive training may be a benefit.